- In Bangladesh there are 7.5 million blind people above the age of 30.
- 80% of blindness can be cured through cataract operation.
- The rate of cataract operation done in Bangladesh is less than half of that of our neighbouring country India.
- In Bangladesh nearly 40 thousand Children are blind.
- Two-third of these blindness can be cured by good treatment.
- 6 million are suffering from treatable refractive errors.
DENIED: Eye sight. Lack of vision, for the poor translates to loss of income, independence, and hope.
SOLUTION: Kishoreganj Eye Hospital, opened in May 2006, administers comprehensive ophthalmic care, including simple but crucial cataract surgery to all patients regardless of income. While 55% of our patients are unable to bear even 10% of the cost.
Our Motto: Not one patient would be turned away due to lack of money.
Join us NOW in our mission to expand our desperately needed services.
9,000 Tk ($180 USD) will fund comprehensive cataract surgery for both eyes of a patient, including food and transportation.
6,500 Tk ($90 USD) will fund surgery to restore full vision to a patient with cataract in one eye or to a patient with diseased tear ducts (DCT and DCR), reversing the disintegration of their vision and autonomy.
6,000 Tk ($86 USD) will enable KEH to hire an Ophthalmologist for a dayâ€™s worth of work (during which minimum 30 cataract surgeries can be performed).
2,000 Tk ($32 USD) will fund any of the following: pre- and post-operative care, including food and transportation, or pathological and pre-operative testing: RBS, ESR, TC, DC, Hemoglobin, BT, CT, Blood Grouping, VDRL, and Urine Sugar.
No matter what the amount, your donation would enable the poor blinds to see the light of the world once again! To thank and update you on the difference your contributions make, we will send you the Kishoreganj Eye Hospital annual report. Unless you indicate otherwise, your name will also appear on our Donors List, posted on our website.
Help Restore Eyesight of the POOR BLINDS in Bangladesh.
Donate NOW to Kishoreganj Eye Hospital
NAME OF DONOR:___________________________________________
- Cheque (Payable to Kishoreganj Eye Hospital)
- Money Order: Poor Blinds Fund of the Kishoreganj Eye Hospital
- Direct Account Transfer to Kishoreganj Eye Hospital via
Nari Uddug Kendra, A/C No.- 1401351152001, Swift Code: CIBLBDDH
City Bank, Shyamoli Branch, Dhaka.
Donation Amount (US$/Tk.):
- I want to make a recurring donation every month. â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
- I want to make annual donations â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
- I want to make a one-time donation â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
- Please direct my donation of the above amount to where it is most needed.
- I want to receive an annual report.
- Please send information about your upcoming events.
- Please contact me regarding volunteer opportunities.
- Please do not publish my name in the website/Donor List.
- Please send acknowledgement of this gift to:
Kishoreganj Eye Hospital (KEH)
Implemented by: Nari Uddug Kendra (NUK)
Latibabad, Kishoreganj Sadar, Kishoreganj.
Phone: 8125804, 9115696. Fax: 880-2-9110088. Web Site: www.kehbd.org